Subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking the logo above in the top left of the video.
How To Make Roasted Tomato Salsa
Share the Love:
Fill out the form below and we'll email you a pdf of the recipe and instructions.
In this video lesson, Chef Toby will show you how to make authentic, roasted tomato salsa!
- Heat up a grilling pan, preferably cast iron. If you don't have one, you can use an old skillet - the process of roasting the tomatoes will sometimes cause the skin of the tomato to stick to the pan, so you want to make sure its a pan you can scrub hard to scrape off any peel that is stuck after roasting.
- Roast tomatoes, onion, and chile by turning them every 4 to 5 minutes until all sides are roasted.
- Once roasted, set aside and let them cool down.
- Cut the chile in half and remove the seeds and white part.
- Put tomatoes, onion, and chile in a blender with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and blend.
Roasted Tomato Salsa Nutritional Highlights
(The Stuff That Fuels Your Body)
- Tomatoes are a very healthy fruit and are a great source of fiber as well as vitamins C, K, and potassium.
- These vitamins make tomatoes great for helping support blood and heart health, and the immune system.
- Onions are rich in Vitamin C, Potassium, and fiber. These help to increase immune function, digestion and help maintain a healthy heart.
- These peppers are high in fiber, vitamin C, and vitamin B6, which are responsible for aiding the immune system, promoting healthy skin, and countless other bodily functions.
Roasted Tomato Salsa Frequently Asked Questions
How do you roast vegetables for salsa?
We roast our vegetables on a cast iron pan, but you can also broil them in the oven or grill them.
Do you have to peel tomatoes before making salsa?
While some people decide to peel their tomatoes before making salsa, we do not feel that it's necessary to do so. The blender helps break down the blistered skins, which add a roasted flavor to the sauce.
Should salsa be cooked?
This salsa is made with cooked ingredients, but you can also make fresh version of this salsa with raw tomatoes and chiles. Click here to get the recipe.