Subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking the logo above in the top left of the video.
How To Make Avocado Salsa (Salsa de Aguacate)
Share the Love:
In this video cooking lesson, Chef Toby shows you how to make authentic Avocado Salsa (Salsa de Aguacate) with Tomatillos.
- Wash avocados and cilantro
- Peel tomatillos
TOOLS YOU WILL NEED
- Bowl for serving
- Peel the tomatillos, wash them, and cut them in half. Add the tomatillos to the blender with 1/4 onion.
- Cut avocado in half and take the pit out. Then, with a spoon, take each avocado half and put it in the blender.
- Add a small bunch of cilantro and salt.
- Blend for about 45 seconds. Serve and enjoy with chips!
Avocado Salsa Nutritional Highlights
(The Stuff That Fuels Your Body!)
- Tomatillos are high in vitamin C, magnesium, and fiber - vitamin C helps your body fight colds and infections.
- Creamy and delicious, avocados are loaded with antioxidants, fiber, vitamins, and healthy fats.
- They are known to help promote skin, eye, and heart health.
- Onions are rich in Vitamin C, Potassium, and fiber. These help to increase immune function, digestion and help maintain a healthy heart.
- This tasty and bright herb contains vitamins C and K, has known anti-cancer properties, and the ability to reduce inflammation.
Avocado Salsa Frequently Asked Questions
Is avocado salsa just guacamole?
While guacamole usually is more chunky, avocado salsa is blended and completely smooth. With avocado as the main ingredient in both of these recipes, avocado salsa sometimes contains other ingredients like tomatillos.
What can you eat avocado salsa with?
You can eat avocado salsa in a variety of ways, just like you would any other salsa. Avocado salsa makes a great addition to nachos, tacos, and even works well as a dip! Try it with our carnitas recipe and make tacos or tortas!
Is avocado salsa spicy?
Our avocado recipe is about medium heat, but you can alter the recipe to fit your heat preference by adjusting the number of peppers.
Is avocado salsa healthy?
Avocado salsa is very healthy! Avocado is a healthy fat and tomatillos are a great source of vitamin C.
How long does avocado salsa last?
Avocado salsa will last in the refrigerator for a few days, sealed in an airtight container. However, keep in mind that avocados oxidize, so the surface of your salsa may turn brown. Just scrape off that part before eating!