Subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking the logo above in the top left of the video.
How To Easily Open A Pomegranate
Share the Love:
In this video, Chef Sydney shows you how to easily open a pomegranate.
TOOL'S YOU'LL NEED
- Cutting Board
- Wash the exterior of the pomegranate before use.
- 1 Pomegranate
- Cut the ends of the pomegranate
- With a knife, score the sides of the pomegranate.
- Break the pomegranate in half
- Break the pomegranate into smaller pieces (the scoring will make it easier to do this)
- Fill the bowl with the your pomegranate pieces, and add water. The white part of the pomegranate (called the pith) will float to the top. Remove the pith pieces and you're ready to make some delicious Pomegranate Water! (Or just eat them as a snack!)
Read our blog post to learn more about pomegranates.
Pomegranate Nutritional Highlights
(The Stuff That Fuels Your Body!)
- This fruit is high in vitamin C and K, providing you with over a third of the recommended daily value of each.