Subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking the logo in the top left of the video above.
How To Make White Rice with Peas - Recipe, Video
Share the Love:
Fill out the form below and we'll email you a pdf of the recipe and instructions.
In this video, Chef Sydney shows you how to make a savory white rice and peas.
- Add the tablespoon of olive oil to a sauce pan and heat up on medium heat.
- Add the rice. Stir until most of the rice turns white - about 3 minutes
- Slowly add the water (this will make a big fuzz, so let an adult help you in this step) then add the peas and salt. When the water starts boiling, cover the pan and turn heat to low
- Simmer until water evaporates
Read Our Related Blog Post All About Rice
White Rice With Peas Nutritional Highlights
(The Stuff That Fuels Your Body)
- White rice contains 4 grams of protein per 1 cup serving, which helps keep you full and build muscle.
- Tasty Tip: Opting for brown rice or whole grain varieties of rice is a healthier option due to its higher fiber content.
- Peas, a type of legume, are high in protein and fiber, making them a very filling food. They also contain more than 34% of the daily recommended value of Vitamin A, making them great for maintaining healthy eyesight and immune system.
- Considered a "healthy fat," olive oil contains antioxidants, Vitamin E, and Vitamin K.
- These are known to help promote a healthy heart and brain.