Subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking the logo above in the top left of the video.
How To Make Authentic Mexican Guacamole
Share the Love:
Fill out the form below and we'll email you a pdf of the recipe and instructions.
In this video cooking lesson, Chef Sydney shows you how to make authentic Mexican guacamole - a quick, healthy and nutritious snack.
- Wash and dry avocados
- Pre-measure the ingredients
- Cut avocados in half and carefully remove the pit
- With a spoon, remove the avocado from its peel and put in a mixing bowl
- Cut a small piece of onion and chop it into small pieces
- Chop a small bunch of cilantro
- Smash avocados with a potato masher. When all large chunks are mashed, add the remaining ingredients and mix lightly with a fork.
Guacamole Nutritional Highlights of Guacamole
(The Stuff That Fuels Your Body!)
- Creamy and delicious, avocados are loaded with antioxidants, fiber, vitamins, and healthy fats.
- They are known to help promote skin, eye, and heart health.
- This tasty and bright herb contains vitamins C and K, has known anti-cancer properties, and the ability to reduce inflammation.
- Onions are rich in Vitamin C, Potassium, and fiber. These help to increase immune function, digestion and help maintain a healthy heart.
- High in Vitamin C and Fiber, this citrus fruit is great for a variety of different bodily functions, such as boosting the immune system, promoting heart health, protecting against Iron deficiency, and more
Guacamole Frequently Asked Questions
How do you make guacamole from scratch?
Cut avocados in half and carefully remove the pit. With a spoon, remove the avocado from its peel and put n a mixing bowl. Cut a small piece of onion and chop it into small pieces. Chop a small bunch of cilantro. Smash avocados with a potato masher. When all large chunks are mashed, add the remaining
Is guacamole healthy?
Yes! Avocados contain healthy fats that are good for brain development and heart health, while lemon juice, onions, and cilantro contain trace amounts of vitamin C.
Is guacamole just smashed avocado?
Smashed avocado and guacamole are similar, but guacamole is bit more flavorful due to the onion, cilantro and lemon.
What can you eat guacamole with?
Guacamole is a great as a spread, dip, and topping for many foods. Spread it onto your toast for a twist on avocado toast, or use it on burritos, tacos, and other foods.