Subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking the logo above in the top left of the video.
How To Make Savory Baked Potato
Share the Love:
Fill out the form below and we'll email you a pdf of the recipe and instructions.
In this video lesson, Chef Sydney will show you how to make perfect, oven-baked potatoes.
- Wrap the potatoes in tin foil. Place on a tray in the oven for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- After 1 hour, check with a fork by poking the potato. If the fork enters the potato easily, it's done.
- Using an oven mitt to hold the potato, cut an opening on the potato through the tin foil
- With oven mitts in both hands, push the potato in from either end to smush a little and create an opening to add your fixings.
Read our related blog posts
Savory Baked Potato Nutritional Highlights
(The Stuff That Fuels Your Body!)
- Potatoes, especially when the skin is left on and consumed, are a great source of Vitamin C and potassium, which help to increase immune function and help you maintain a healthy heart.
- This dairy product is high and fat and should be enjoyed in moderation, but research suggests that it consuming small amounts daily may be good for promoting heart health.
- Since sour cream is consumed in small servings, it can easily be a part of a healthy diet. This dairy product contains small amounts of protein and fat soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K, which help support a variety of different functions throughout the body.
- A close relative to the onion, chives are rich in Vitamin C and Potassium. These help to increase immune function, digestion and help maintain a healthy heart.
- Like most cheeses, Cheddar is high in protein, which helps our bodies build muscle. It's also high in Vitamin A and Calcium, which helps build strong bones.