Subscribe to our YouTube channel above by clicking the logo in the top left.
Rolled Chicken Tacos (Taquitos Dorados de Pollo)
Share the Love:
Fill out the form below and we'll email you a pdf of the recipe and instructions.
In this recipe, Chef Toby walks you through how to make authentic rolled chicken tacos (taquitos dorados de pollo). These are a healthier version than the typical deep fried rolled tacos- watch the video for the trick that makes them healthier, yet just as delicious.
- Heat the tortillas (6 at a time) in the microwave by wrapping them up in paper towels and heating for 1 minute. Be careful when removing as they will be hot
- Using a pastry brush, or even clean fingers, coat each side of the tortilla with olive oil. Add 2 spoons of shredded chicken and roll. Insert a toothpick to hold taco close and align on tray with the end of the tortilla pressing down so that it does not open up when cooking. Do this again for the rest of the tortillas.
- Place in pre-heated oven (at 350) for 35 - 40 minutes or until they look brown. Add topping and salsa to serve
Complementary Recipe Videos:
How To Make Various Mexican Salsas
Rolled Taquitos Nutritional Highlights
(The Stuff That Fuels Your Body!)
- Like other types of poultry, chicken is high in protein, which helps our bodies build muscle.
- Made from corn and water, tortillas contain fiber from corn, which helps aid in digestion and helps to keep you full. They also contain magnesium, which is good for supporting healthy muscles.
- Considered a "healthy fat," olive oil contains antioxidants, Vitamin E, and Vitamin K.
- These are known to help promote a healthy heart and brain.
- Like most cheeses, Feta is high in protein, which helps our bodies build muscle. It's also high in Vitamin A and Calcium, which helps build strong bones.