Subscribe to our YouTube channel above by clicking the logo in the top left.
How to Make Rolled Chicken Tacos (Taquitos Dorados de Pollo)
Share the Love:
In this recipe, Chef Toby walks you through how to make authentic rolled chicken tacos (taquitos dorados de pollo). These are a healthier version than the typical deep fried rolled tacos- watch the video for the trick that makes them healthier, yet just as delicious.
TOOLS YOU'LL NEED
- Baking Pan
- Shred lettuce
- Pre-measure ingredients
- Place topping in spall plates with spoons for serving
- Heat the tortillas (6 at a time) in the microwave by wrapping them up in paper towels and heating for 1 minute. Be careful when removing as they will be hot.
- Using a pastry brush, or even clean fingers, coat each side of the tortilla with olive oil. Add 2 spoons of shredded chicken and roll. Insert a toothpick to hold taco close and align on tray with the end of the tortilla pressing down so that it does not open up when cooking. Do this again for the rest of the tortillas.
Complementary Recipe Videos:
How To Make Various Mexican Salsas
Rolled Taquitos Nutritional Highlights
(The Stuff That Fuels Your Body!)
- Like other types of poultry, chicken is high in protein, which helps our bodies build muscle.
- Made from corn and water, tortillas contain fiber from corn, which helps aid in digestion and helps to keep you full. They also contain magnesium, which is good for supporting healthy muscles.
- Considered a "healthy fat," olive oil contains antioxidants, Vitamin E, and Vitamin K.
- These are known to help promote a healthy heart and brain.
- Like most cheeses, Feta is high in protein, which helps our bodies build muscle. It's also high in Vitamin A and Calcium, which helps build strong bones.
Rolled Taquitos Frequently Asked Questions
What are taquitos made of?
Taquitos are a type of crunch taco made with tortillas, oil, and the filling of your choice.
What's the difference between flautas and taquitos?
The difference between taquitos and flautas is the type of tortilla used. Taquitos are typically made with corn tortillas and flautas are made from flour.
Are taquitos healthy?
Taquitos are not typically considered a health food. However, our taquito recipe only uses a light brushing of olive oil and shredded chicken as opposed to traditional taquitos with are made with high fat meats and deep fried.
How do you make taquitos?
Making taquitos is very easy! Just take warm tortillas, brush them with oil, fill them with you desired filing, roll and bake!
What can you fill inside taquitos?
Taquitos are great because they can be filled with just about anything. Shredded beef, chicken, pork carnitas, and even beans and potatoes are some of the fillings that you can use.