Subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking the logo above in the top left of the video.
How To Make Lentil Soup (Brown or Green Lentils) Video
Share the Love:
- 4QT stockpot
TOOLS YOU'LL NEED
In this recipe, Chef Sydney shows you how to make a yummy lentil soup (brown or green lentils).
- Pre-measure ingredients
- In a heavy large saucepan add onion, lentils, and water.
- Bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until lentils are tender about 30 minutes.
Bloopers and Outtakes From Our Lentil Soup Video
Lentil Soup Nutritional Highlights
(The Stuff That Fuels Your Body!)
- Full of fiber and protein, this variety of legume is a nutritional superfood and contains a variety of different vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants including:
- Polyphenols: Antioxidant that helps prevent cancer
- Vitamin B6: Helps to aid brain development and nervous system health
- Iron: Aids in a variety of bodily functions, including digestion, immune function, sleep, and concentration.
- Onions are rich in Vitamin C, Potassium, and fiber. These help to increase immune function, digestion and help maintain a healthy heart.