Subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking the logo above in the top left of the video.
How To Make Lentil Soup (Brown or Green Lentils) Video
Share the Love:
Fill out the form below and we'll email you a pdf of the recipe and instructions.
In this recipe, Chef Sydney shows you how to make a yummy lentil soup (brown or green lentils).
- In heavy large saucepan add onion, lentils and water
- Bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until lentils are tender, about 30 minutes
Bloopers and Outtakes From Our Lentil Soup Video
Lentil Soup Nutritional Highlights
(The Stuff That Fuels Your Body!)
- Full of fiber and protein, this variety of legume is a nutritional superfood and contains a variety of different vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants including:
- Polyphenols: Antioxidant that helps prevent cancer
- Vitamin B6: Helps to aid brain development and nervous system health
- Iron: Aids in a variety of bodily functions, including digestion, immune function, sleep, and concentration.
- Onions are rich in Vitamin C, Potassium, and fiber. These help to increase immune function, digestion and help maintain a healthy heart.