Subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking the logo in the top left of the video.
How To Make Alphabet Soup Recipe (Sopa de Letras)
Share the Love:
In this video cooking lesson, Chef Sydney walks you through how to make authentic Alphabet Soup (Sopa de Letras) from a savory homemade tomato broth. This recipe is a favorite among kids and is a comfort food. Serve with quesadillas for a perfect and filling lunch.
- Bring 5 cups of water to boil
- While you wat for the water to boil, cut the tomatoes in 4 and add to blender. Also add the 1/4 onion and the remaining 2 cups of water. Blend for about 3 minutes
- Using a strainer, strain the tomato mixture to remove the remaining seeds and tomato peel if any
- Pour tomato mix into large pot with the rest of the water. Turn stove on to high heat and wait for it to boil. Once it starts boiling add the past, peas and 1 tbs of chicken bullion, and lower heat to low
- Let cook for about 20 minutes
Alphabet Soup Nutritional Highlights
(The Stuff That Fuels Your Body!)
- Onions are rich in Vitamin C, Potassium, and fiber. These help to increase immune function, digestion and help maintain a healthy heart.
- Peas, a type of legume, are high in protein and fiber, making them a very filling food. They also contain more than 34% of the daily recommended value of Vitamin A, making them great for maintaining healthy eyesight and immune system.
- Tomatoes are a very healthy fruit, and are a great source of fiber as well as vitamins C, K, and potassium.
- These vitamins make tomatoes great for helping support blood health, heart health, and the immune system.