Subscribe to our YouTube channel above by clicking the logo in the top left.
How To Make Savory Roasted Chicken
Share the Love:
Fill out the form below and we'll email you a pdf of the recipe and instructions.
In this video cooking lesson, Chef Sydney walks you through how to make a savory and delicious whole roasted chicken using a Dutch oven.
- 1 whole chicken (about 5 lb)
- 1/4 cup of salt
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- First prepare the rub mixture. In a bowl combine all ingredients (salt, olive oil, smoked paprika, mustard, thyme)
- With a spoon put some rub between the skin and the meat and rub the rest of the mix all over the chicken
- Tie the legs of the chicken with cooking string to make sure it cooks evenly
- Place the chicken in a Dutch oven and in then in the pre-heated oven. Cook for about 2.5 hours at 295 F.
Bloopers and Outtakes of Our Roasted Chicken Filming
Roasted Chicken Nutritional Highlights
(The Stuff That Fuels Your Body!)
- Like other types of poultry, chicken is high in protein, which helps our bodies build muscle.
- Considered a "healthy fat," olive oil contains antioxidants, Vitamin E, and Vitamin K.
- These are known to help promote a healthy heart and brain.
- One tablespoon of smoked paprika contains almost 20% of the daily recommended value of Vitamin A, which is great for supporting growth and maintaining healthy eyesight!