Subscribe to our YouTube channel above by clicking the logo in the top left.
How To Make Savory Roasted Chicken
Share the Love:
In this video cooking lesson, Chef Sydney walks you through how to make a savory and delicious whole roasted chicken using a Dutch oven.
TOOLS YOU'LL NEED
- Heavy over-safe roasting pan or dutch oven
- Cooking string
- First prepare the rub mixture. In a bowl combine all ingredients (salt, olive oil, smoked paprika, mustard, thyme)
- With a spoon put some rub between the skin and the meat and rub the rest of the mix all over the chicken
- Tie the legs of the chicken with cooking string to make sure it cooks evenly - this step is referred to as Trussing the chicken. Trussing is beneficial and helps prevent the chicken from drying out.
Bloopers and Outtakes of Our Roasted Chicken Filming
Roasted Chicken Nutritional Highlights
(The Stuff That Fuels Your Body!)
- Like other types of poultry, chicken is high in protein, which helps our bodies build muscle.
- Considered a "healthy fat," olive oil contains antioxidants, Vitamin E, and Vitamin K.
- These are known to help promote a healthy heart and brain.
- One tablespoon of smoked paprika contains almost 20% of the daily recommended value of Vitamin A, which is great for supporting growth and maintaining healthy eyesight!