Subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking the logo above in the top left of the video.
How To Make Mexican Bunuelos
Share the Love:
Fill out the form below and we'll email you a pdf of the recipe and instructions.
In this video cooking lesson, Chef Sydney shows you how to yummy and delicious Mexican bunuelos.
TOOLS YOU'LL NEED
- 6 Qt. Cast Iron Pot
- Measuring Cup
- Iron rosette
- Pre-measure ingredients
- Heat oil
- Add to a blender, eggs, milk, flour, baking powder, vanilla, and salt. Blend to form a light batter.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. There should be enough oil to fry the buñuelos - about 1 1/2 inches high. The temperature has to be around 365 degrees Fahrenheit. Add a layer of paper towels on a baking sheet to absorb the excess oil from the finished buñuelos.
- Place the iron mold in the hot oil to fry the batter. Keep the mild in the oil for about a minute. The batter will start cooking, and you will eventually be able to lift up the mold and the buñuelo will slip off and stay in the oil (if it doesn't easily come off from the mild, separate it with the help of a fork.) Once you've removed the mold from the oil, keep cooking until it gets golden color all over.
- Fry each rosette for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Once removed, place them on the baking sheet lined with a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Once they cool off, dip them in a mixture of bakers sugar and cinnamon.
Common Buñuelos Questions And Answers
What are buñuelos?
Buñuelos are fried fritters of batter that are covered in cinnamon and sugar.
How are buñuelos made?
Buñuelos are made by dipping a rosette mold (in our video example) into batter and then releasing the batter into hot oil and letting it fry until golden brown. Watch our recipe video lesson to learn how to make them.
Where do buñuelos come from?
Buñuelos are a popular food in Latin America, with many different variations. They are commonly made and eaten during the holidays.
Do you need any special tools to make buñuelos?
To make buñuelos, you can use an iron rosette mold to make the shape.