Subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking the logo above in the top left of the video.
How To Make Delicious Scones (with orange zest)
Share the Love:
In this recipe, Chef Sydney will show you how to make tasty scones seasoned with orange zest! This recipe is a great base recipe to get started with making scones, but you can definitely get creative with your mix-ins, like blueberries and lemon zest or chocolate chips and raspberries!
- Pre-measure ingredients
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Put the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a bowl. Add the egg, the zest of the oranges. and their juice.
- Cut the cold butter into 1/2 inch size pieces and add to the bowl.
- Using a pastry cutter (or your hands), mix all ingredients until the dough looks crumbly. If it's too dry, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of cold water. If you use your hands, work quickly so that the butter does not melt and the dough becomes very sticky. If the dough is too sticky, you'll have to put it in the fridge for about 20 minutes before forming the scones.
- Once you have a crumbly mixture, turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and press it into a 3/4-inch thick circle. Then cut into triangles or cut 2-inch rounds with a biscuit butter or cookie cutter.
Scones Nutritional Highlights
(The Stuff That Fuels Your Body!)
- Eggs are a great source of protein, healthy fats, and Vitamin D, which boost immune health and build strong bones.
- This dairy product is high and fat and should be enjoyed in moderation, but research suggests that it consuming small amounts daily may be good for promoting heart health.
- Oranges are a great source of vitamin C and fiber when eaten whole. Vitamin C contributes to a healthy immune system and healthy skin, while fiber helps regulate the digestive system.